Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Preface Number Two

I am going to try again to be more consistent in my blogging. I haven't posted anything in a very long time. I was far too emotionally and spiritually tired and bruised to write.

I'll write about that in a few weeks. Distance, time, and loving people are helping me reflect on a difficult period and gain new perspectives and most of all hope.

Now I am in a new place. A suburban congregation that admittedly has some challenges ahead but that is willing to work toward finding solutions and implementing them. It is good. It is inspiring. It is just a bit scary. At least I haven't been accused of heresy...yet.

It is a good place for my family as well. My wife has a teaching position paying double what she was making before. (My rant about the inequities of funding for public education in Texas will come later.) The nicest thing is she is teaching the subject area she best knows and most wants to teach.

Our children have new adventures and opportunities placed before them and they can get to Starbucks in a matter of minutes. Finally they can go to a movie theatre "with real seats." These things are important.

I may post again today. Maybe I won't. But I know I will post again and more frequently. Let's see there can be "Parish from Hell", "Son of Parish from Hell", "Even a Blind Hog Finds an Acorn". See I am feeling better already.